Sunday, January 2, 2011

Year in Review

So what did I do this year? Let's recap in a slapdash way that romanticizes minor occurences while downplaying major ones and adds a sheen of coolness to basically everything.

I started 2010 watching fireworks on a couch in Kuala Lumpur, and ended it just now at a karaoke bar somewhere in the LA outskirts belting out "Alive" with two Japanese dudes I just met. Pretty solid on both counts.

I played the last show with an old band and the first show with a new one. I took two GREs. I got engaged. I soaked in a Japanese mountain hot spring and walked on the great wall. I turned 30.

I saw Arcade Fire in Berkeley, and a Broadway production of South Pacific. I went to the symphony a couple of times. I bought Guess Who and Dvorak records. I ate a fried Oreo.

I drank some wine from 1910 and made eggnog from scratch. I watched The Sound of Music for the first time, and ran into Tom Waits at the Hotel Utah in SF. I had a surprise birthday party and was completely surprised.

What comes next?

1 comment: